Writing a thank you message to someone for a gift is good etiquette and will show that you are grateful for their thoughtfulness.
- Thank you messages don't need to be long, usually a few lines will be sufficient. Focus on the quality of your words rather than the quantity.
- If possible, send out your thank you within a few weeks of receiving your gift.
- Handwriting the message will make it more personal and intimate.
- Mention the gift in your thank you.
(Thanks so much for the new coffee maker, we've been using it every morning and love it.)
- For money or gift cards, don't mention the specific dollar amount received, you can however mention what you'll use the money or gift card for.
(Thank you for your generous gift, we'll be using it towards a new bicycle.)
Thank You Messages for a Gift
Thank you so much for your thoughtful and generous gift. I haven't decided how I'll use it yet, but I wanted you to know how grateful I am.
Thank you for enriching our happiness with your thoughtful gift. We look forward to visiting you soon.
Thank you not only for the lovely gift, but also for your thoughtfulness.
You have my most sincere thanks for your kind gift. Hope to meet up with you shortly.
Thank you for blessing us with your presence and your generous gift.
I truly appreciate the gift that you sent me. It really made my day.
I am extremely grateful for your generosity. You are truly one of the most generous people that I know.
I like receiving gifts, but I especially loved the gift that you gave to me. Thank you so much.
Thank you for your gift, it gives me immense joy every time I look at it knowing that you were thinking of me.
Thanks for your support and wonderful gift.
Thanks for celebrating with me. I really love the gift you got me. Let's catch up soon.
We'll really treasure the thoughtful gift you gave to us.
Thanks for your super thoughtful present.
You mean so much to me and so did your gift. Thank you my friend.
I just wanted you to know that I really appreciate the truly wonderful gift. Thanks a million.